Oh, hey! I’m a 25 years old computer scientist, working as a fellow at CERN, in Geneva, Switzerland. You can reach me at
lastname (at) cern.ch or in my office, 28/R-007 at CERN.
I break stuff and do things
Mostly related to computers and typing *lots* of rubbish into them.
Résumé (Curriculum Vitae), updated February, 2020.
I have a BSc in Computer Science. The thesis was about Integer programming approaches to the DNA recombination problem.
I’m now finishing my MSc in Computer Science. For my master thesis I’m working on the CMS detector, developing an experimental Anomaly Detection framework on the L1/HLT Trigger Rates, while updating and upgrading the trigger monitoring software.
Show me something cool
Here’s some fancy stuff running in the browser:
- Interactive and real time 2D simulation of the Kalman Filter in use to reduce statistical input noise.
- A simulation of Physarum, the “smart slime mould” able to solve mazes.
I am involved in quite a lot of open source. I directly lead and manage these initiatives:
- gbdev, Home of the Game Boy development scene. A community of retro-hardware enthusiasts. I’m directly involved in mantaning and developing many related projects, including curated collections of resources, documentation efforts, digital preservation, an open archive of homebrews and much more.
- Virgilio Data Science. A Machine Learning and Data Science online course.
- emergenzeHack. Community civic hacking effort, supported by ActionAid, producing open data and open source tools to face emergencies and help the population during crisis (as the Covid19 outbreak or the 2016 central Italy earthquake).
- CoderBot. A programmable robot with educational purposes developed by unimib.
- dailyProgrammer, an app for coders, developers or students: daily coding challenges for learning, refreshing or just for fun.
Some of the last things I did:
- Technical Coach, Teacher of a coding class in middle school at “Scuola Primaria Bergognone” (Milan) for Girls code it Better, a project trying to bridge the gender gap in STEM subjects. 3 weekly hours. Read the blog post about this (2018-2019).
- Tutor of the Python for Data Science online course offered by unimib (2020).
- IT Technician at IMPRECOM Srl (2014-2020).
- Technical leader of the CoderBot project at unimib. I was in charge of restructuring the full software stack, re-designing APIs and using reactive frameworks for the frontend, while leading and supervising a team of 8 graduating Computer Science students working on the project (2018-2019).
- Project Manager for Hawks Holding in Arcore, Milan (2018-2019).
This kind of stuff is (probably) more updated on my LinkedIn page.